Report on Design and Manage a Website Group Meeting - Meeting, Friday, 25 October 2019
The stages we followed were:
1. Download Raspbian Buster Lite
This is for a headless version of the OS without a GUI
2. Format your microSD card (FAT32) with SD Card Formatter (this worked with cards up to 64Gb but not 128Gb)
3. Copy the downloaded raspbian file to the SD card using balenaEtcher
4. On your Windows machine - do NOT format your new SD card when prompted but create an empty file in the root folder of 'boot' called ssh (no file extension). This will allow you to access your Raspberry Pi from another computer.
5. Insert SD card into the Pi and connect to the network using an ethernet cable and power up.
6. Access your home's router to find the IP address of the Pi.
7. On your Windows PC dowload and run Putty
9. When you run Putty you should enter the IP address of the Pi in the Host Name field and 22 in the Port and click Open - this will allow you to login to the PI with username pi and password raspberry
10. Follow this tutorial to install the web server.
- Report by Ken Depledge
(click image to enlarge and use arrows within the image to navigate backwards or forwards - cursor keys on your keyboard also work)